Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Cowden Support Program: Month 1, Days 5 & 6, and VBS!

I forgot to blog yesterday, so I'm catching up now on the last two days. I don't have a whole lot to report. Every day the dose of each herbal medicines increase and I seem to be handling that okay for the most part. I slept a lot yesterday and felt a bit sick to my stomach, but that's better today. Although I'm still really tired, and I kind of feel like I'm coming down with something. I have some sinus pressure and sneezing, so we'll see what happens. I just took a hot shower and that makes me feel much worse. I have read about this phenomenon happening to others with Lyme too, so I guess it's normal. My LLMD mentioned once that spirochetes don't like heat and it must be true because I feel worse after being in the sun as well. 

On a separate note, I have a God story to share! I recently went with a friend to visit her mother in a nursing home. I really have a heart for the elderly and enjoy visiting with them. We brought her one of the "Senior Gift Baskets" from my online shop, and she loved it. I posted on my shop's Facebook page what we were doing, and I included a picture of the basket. One of the ladies from my church who runs VBS (Vacation Bible School) saw it and asked if I would help the kids make baskets for the local nursing homes this year! 


I was excited and nervous at the same time about the opportunity. I've never done anything like this before, but I had been praying for the Lord to show me in what areas I can serve using my God-given gifts and talents, and this came up! I know it is what He wants me to do, especially since I feel unequipped to do it. Isn't that just like God? He asks us to do what we feel we cannot do, and when we do it by faith, trust and in His strength, He gets the glory! I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. I'm not sure how I'll feel physically, but I am leaving that in the Lord's hands too. Please pray for me and for this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment