Monday, June 24, 2019

Cowden Support Program: Month 1, Days 15, 16 & 17

Saturday, Day 15, was an awesome and supernatural day. I'm just so thankful to the Lord for all I was able to do. I had decreased my dose of Sealantro the night before to half, so I only took 20 drops instead of 40. I did wake up feeling quite dizzy with a slight headache, but I was determined to persevere through it. We ended up buying new shrubs and flowers for our yard and I wanted to do yard work so I spent the whole day digging, planting, weeding and watering. I didn't even consider taking a nap! I was out in the sun too, which is hard for me. I can't say I didn't struggle with fatigue and my POTS symptoms from all the bending down and standing up, but I did it. Not only that, but after a shower and some dinner, my husband and I did some painting. We followed a tutorial on Youtube and made these cute "cat in a window" signs. My finished painting is shown below. I was up an hour past my usual bedtime, and this without a nap during the day! I went to bed praising God and just so thankful for His faithfulness to His promises to be the strength in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:8-10), and that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)!


Sunday, Day 16, was not as energetic a day as the day before. I was worried I had overdone it on Saturday, but the fatigue I felt on Sunday didn't feel that way. It was the usual fatigue, the I need to rest A LOT type of a feeling I've been going through. Sundays are my rest days anyway so we went to church and then I took a long nap. I didn't do anything except relax and it felt good.

Today is Day 17. I took a half dose of Sealantro again last night, 20 drops instead of 40, and I have that familiar groggy feeling with slight headache. I guess I will slowly increase those drops but I'm honestly not looking forward to it. That stuff hits me hard.

The symptom I hate the most, which is my dizziness, off balance and vertigo, is the one that seems to be the most prominent going through this treatment. It's really affecting my head a lot. I just continue to hope that's a sign of healing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment