Friday, June 21, 2019

Cowden Support Program: Month 1, Days 12, 13 & 14

I missed a few days of blogging so I'll do my best to recap the past few days. 

I know Day 12 wasn't too bad for me. I was still tired but managed to get a bunch of house work done. I had been wanting to deep clean my floors and I got two rooms done! That was an accomplishment for me given my current situation. It wore me out though so I did take a nap, but was okay the rest of the day. 

Yesterday, Day 13, was a different story. Because I had to take the dreaded Sealantro the night before, as predicted I woke up feeling awful with a headache. I felt as though I hadn't even slept all night and really dragged through the day. (But I did get the floors in my hallway done, yay!) I ended up taking Alka-Seltzer (which is recommended for a herx reaction) and a really long nap. I woke up feeling better, but not great. Although I will say that instead of feeling 10/10 bad, I felt about 8.5-9/10 bad, so that was an improvement!! A small one, but I'll take it. I did go to our church service last night and we continue to pray for my healing. 

Today is Day 14 and I feel better than yesterday, but still quite tired. I noticed my chills have been gone, and my joint pain has not been as bad, so I'm hoping that's progress. In the meantime, I'm still feeling off balance and a bit spacey/dizzy. 

I forced myself to start exercising again a few days ago. I walk my dog every day, but I also like to do Pilates. It's nothing strenuous but it gets me moving and keeps me healthy and in shape. I'm starting out with 10 minute videos. It's hard to get through, but I'm always glad I did it when I'm done. I guess the bonus is that sweating is releasing toxins! I don't normally sweat during my Pilates workouts when I'm healthy, but even a 10 minute video is taking a lot out of me right now.

I just ordered Month 2 of the program, so I'm in this for the long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment