Thursday, June 11, 2015

MetalloClear Week 11

I started Week 11 of my heavy metal detox yesterday; today is Day 72.  I started getting really burned out last week again on everything and I wasn't sure if how I was feeling was caused by side effects from any one of the 10+ supplements I had to take everyday, the detox itself or just plain burnout on it all. I seemed to have a headache everyday, insomnia, depressed feelings and just wanting to cry, completely dreading the supplements and even my diet.  Most recently, I developed joint pain in my fingers/knuckles and a few of them are pretty swollen. I got really sick of eating a lot of high fat too and longed to sit down to a "normal" meal.  (Not that how I was eating wasn't normal, it was actually very healthy.  I guess I was just craving some comfort type food high in carbs!!)  I let my doctor know and she advised me to stop everything except the detox for 2-3 weeks and to see how I feel.  I can't even tell you what freedom it felt like to pack up all my supplements and put them out of sight for now.  I wish I could have stopped the detox too but I guess I made it this far, I may as well finish.  I also started eating a bit more carbs with my gluten free bread and cereal but surprise, that didn't make my body feel better just my mind! Now that I feel like I don't have to do something, it's been easier to get back on track with eating the way my doctor advised because I know I'm not bound to it.  That's a ridiculous way to live and I know it's not the way the Lord wants me to view food.  I'm really seeking Him on this matter and plan to eat according to how He guides me each day. I did seem to do really well with the high fats and protein, but there has to be a balance. 

My gallbladder test came back normal which kind of surprised me. I'm not sure what all those gallbladder like symptoms were that kept happening to me. I did make the connection between eating my homemade granola (with almonds, cashews, pumpkin & sunflower seeds with coconut oil & honey) with having the attacks so maybe for some reason I'm intolerant to that right now. 


There's a scripture that says: "Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." (Isaiah 40:31).  I came across it the other day and thought to myself that I was getting tired and weary and certainly didn't feel filled with strength.  It occurred to me that I must not be waiting "on the Lord" like I should.  Where has my focus been?  I think I've just been waiting for this detox to be over and focusing too much on what I see and not on what I can't (2 Cor 4:18). I'll admit it's a daily battle to keep my eyes on the Lord but I know that it's the only focus I can have to make it through all this!

No comments:

Post a Comment