Monday, March 24, 2014

The Perfect Result

“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” – James 1:2-4

I took my blog post title and scripture today from Kay Arthur's Facebook page.  (If you haven't heard of her, she is the founder, along with her husband, of Precept Ministries International.  If you're looking for serious and effective Bible study, you must check out what they have to offer).  Her teachings have changed the way I study my Bible and helped deepen my faith like non other.

So, why am I blogging about trials? Many weeks ago, I wrote an entry about my struggle with vertigo and dizziness and how the Lord spoke to me and told me that He was going to heal me. You can find that blog post here. While I'd like to say that I was healed instantaneously and miraculously (who doesn't want that?), which I know my Lord is more than capable of, I was not. Instead, the dizziness progressed to the point where it became a daily, constant occurrence and still is to this day. I don't doubt that Jesus will heal me as He promised, but I know now that I'm going to have to wait for His perfect timing. He knows what's best for me and I just have to trust Him. He has taught me so many things through this trial that if I were to write about it, my post would be pages long. I have also experienced Him in new ways and my relationship with Him and faith in Him has deepened even more. What more could I really ask for?  Do I want to be healed right now? Of course. However, would I trade what I have learned from Jesus and how deeply I have experienced His presence since this all began just to have that instant healing I asked for over a month ago?  No way.  I would miss out on my perfect result

For those of you who have been following my review of the Fe Fit workout system, I'm sorry to say that any exercise of that manner is going to be on hold for now. You may wonder how I even pulled off doing the workouts while feeling this way. It's kind of a two part answer. First, my determination tends to outweigh physical limitations and second, I actually feel somewhat better when I'm moving. The dizziness hits me hardest when I'm still. All that aside, I started Vestibular Rehabilitation (physical therapy for the balance system) and my therapist told me to cease all activity other than walking for now.  Anything more is just too much stimulation on my vestibular system. Not only that, but the therapy itself has increased my dizziness.  I was told that I will feel worse before feeling better and boy, they weren't kidding! Once I am healed though, I plan to get back to it. The workouts that I've tried were awesome and I have no doubt that they'll just keep getting better.

Here are some final thoughts from Kay Arthur regarding the above scripture:

Whatever you are enduring now—or whatever comes your way in the future—it is not without purpose in the sovereignty of God. And it is for that reason that you can have that inward sense of joy. God promises that it will not destroy you—rather, over time it will be the making of you. 

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment