Saturday, July 27, 2019

Cowden Support Program: Month 2, Days 46-51

If you read my last post, then you know that I had been feeling quite sick after a period of feeling better. Well, the horrible head pain, pressure and dizziness continued all this week too. It's so hard to fully explain how I have been feeling, almost like my brain is swelling inside my head. Every morning it's difficult to get up. When I first stand, I get really dizzy. I have to hold on to my dresser and wait for it to pass. After that, I seem to be okay as far as being dizzy, but I have been left with constant head pain and pressure. 

After speaking with someone who is knowledgeable with the Cowden Support Program this past week, I decided to decrease my dose of all the antimicrobials (Samento, Banderol, Takuna and Stevia) by half. I decreased the detox herbs (Burbur/Pinella, Parsley and Sparga) by 25%.  He told me that not everyone can handle the full dose and you have to do what is right for your own body. After doing that for several days with no relief, I decided it was time to make a decision about my treatment. I know people say this kind of feeling can be a herx, or healing reaction, but my gut has been telling me otherwise. It just doesn't feel like a typical herx, although I guess I can't know for sure. 

I have been praying about it, asking the Lord for wisdom as to what to do. I seriously considered stopping the medication just to see if I would get better. There is a Bible verse in the book of James that speaks to asking the Lord for wisdom when you go through trials, "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you" (James 1:5).  Well, I have been seeking this wisdom with others praying for me as well, and I feel I got confirmation from the Lord last night to try stopping the medication to see if I improve. 

So, as of today I am no longer on the Cowden Support Program. Yesterday was my last day taking my modified doses. I will take a break to see if I feel better. If I do improve, then I won't be resuming with the protocol. I didn't take any herbals today and I have to say that my head felt better today than it has in weeks! It was encouraging, but we'll see how I feel when I try to get up tomorrow morning. I'll see if I feel dizzy as usual. If so, perhaps it will take a few days or longer for my body to adjust to not taking the herbals anymore, but I'm going to give it a go. To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment