Monday, July 30, 2018

What's new

I thought I would share a bit about what has been going on since my last post. (I feel like all of my posts start out this way!) 

First, I have to shamefully admit that I completely forgot what I had written about in my last post, titled Faithful and True. Wow, did I ever need to read that! That's why I'm so glad the Lord puts in on my heart to write things down. Looking back over His past faithfulness is a real encouragement. I forgot all about the devotionals on Mary, Martha, serving and finding rest I had been reading during a time of much serving and uncertainty. Thinking about that time brings back great memories of God's presence and comfort in a difficult time of serving, searching and waiting.

I'm sad to report that my grandma's friend I had been caring for passed away. There's so much to tell about that experience, that I may feel led to share one day. I will say that on the night she passed away, her roommate sang Amazing Grace and I joined in, not knowing how fitting that moment would be for the last time I would see her alive. I got a call around 12:30 that morning that she had passed peacefully in her sleep. All of my worries, concerns and questions from my last post about her post-cancer treatment care were whisked away the moment she passed on to eternal life. That was God's answer, she was going to be in His care, and I wouldn't have to worry about her anymore.  I have to say that my faith grew a lot during this time of caring for her, being faced with so many uncertainties about how things would all work out. I stood firm in my faith in the wake of people trying to cause me anxiety and pressure me for answers to questions I couldn't possibly answer about her after-care and more. I knew God would work it all out, regardless of how, and He did. Even if she had lived, I know for 100% certainly, He would have provided. His hand and His very presence were upon this entire experience, and I will never forget it.

After her death, I spent my time in grief and planning for her burial services. Yes, God even worked out and provided for all that was required, including the finances, regarding that. We serve a God who cares about every detail.  When all of that was settled, I turned my attention to my online business and decided it was time to close my Etsy shop and open my own website.

Building your own website takes a lot more time than I thought! I mean, I didn't expect to just have it done, up and running in a day, but there's so many details and things to consider. I'm fortunate to have had help, and I'm happy to say that things went very smoothly. You can find it here: LivingWordDecor.com  I hope you'll take a look around and find something that encourages you, and touches your soul!

As for what's next, I'm not sure, but God knows. The waiting and not knowing is the hardest part. In recent days I've been struggling with what's my purpose, but God has made it abundantly clear though His word, devotionals and other people that I have a purpose. I suspect right now my purpose is to seek and find my contentment in Him, rather than in what He may call me to do next. This is my struggle. Until my next post, I pray whoever reads this is blessed, encouraged and pointed to God who deserves the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment