Tuesday, April 8, 2014

God's gift of Grace

I just started an online Bible study with Proverbs 31 Ministries called "Living So That".  It explores many of the "so that" verses in scripture.  One of my own personal favorites (which may or may not be included in the study) is when Jesus says: 

"These things I have spoken to you so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation but take courage; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33)

Yes, thank you Lord Jesus!  Because He has overcome the world, I am an overcomer too! 

The author of Living So That reminds us that we don't do anything to earn God's grace, but rather it's His free gift to us. It doesn't depend on what we have done or do, but what God has done for us by sending His son, Jesus Christ, to die on a cross as payment for our sins. 

Today's blog post from the P31 Online Bible studies was regarding this word grace.  One of the women posted a short video where she shared what God spoke to her heart regarding this grace and the message was just plain awesome! It gave me chills. She said she was texting her friend the word grace and accidentally typed grave. This is when God spoke to her heart the message that Jesus has taken us from the grave to grace. The "C" (Christ) covers the "v" in grave (just as we are covered by the blood of Jesus!) and turns the word to grace. Since I feel I can't do the story justice, I'm posting the link to the video below and I hope you'll take 2 minutes to watch it. For those who are visual learners like me, you'll like this.

From the Grave to Grace

I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did!  What a message to carry through the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment