Thursday, June 16, 2016

Living Word Decor

*This is an update to my original post from 2016. My shop is no longer on Etsy, but I do have my own website now, which can be found here: www.LivingWordDecor.com 

LIVING WORD DECOR

I mentioned in my last post that I started painting and have really been enjoying it. I wanted to share some more information about that here.  

A few months back I started searching Etsy for wooden scripture signs to decorate our home. Since God's Word really transformed and healed me in so many ways during my chronic illness trial, I wanted to grace our walls with it. I found a few things we really liked and bought a few pieces; however, most of it was just too expensive. I got the idea out of nowhere to try and start painting some signs myself.  I say the idea was "out of nowhere" but I know it came from the Lord. I never considered myself crafty in any way but have had from time to time the desire to be! I dug out of the bottom of my closet an old tool box kit full of Apple Barrel paint samples my husband had bought me years ago (I knew I was keeping them for a reason ;)) and started painting some verses on scrap wood.  To my surprise, things were turning out okay and I was really enjoying myself!  Fast forward dozens of trips to Hobby Lobby later (for more paint, stencils, wood transfer paper, new paint brushes, spouncers, etc.) and I opened an Etsy shop full of some paintings and made my first sale as of yesterday!

I named my shop Living Word Decor, as God's Word is alive (Hebrews 4:12) and it also heals, gives life and peace, it transforms, it increases faith and accomplishes its purposes (Proverbs 4:22, John 14:27, Romans 12:2, Romans 10:17,Isaiah 55:11). We are commanded in scripture to keep His word before our sight (Proverbs 4:21) and what better way to do this, besides reading your Bible, than to hang His word on our walls to always see!

I'm posting a few pictures of some of my paintings. If you like them, please take a look around my shop (link above)! My greatest desire is to bless others with God's Word as it has so greatly blessed me.






No comments:

Post a Comment